Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sunday Cooking = Monday Night Treat




We didn't have any real plans on Sunday, so after picking up some more yeast at the grocery store, we made some challah! As I did not want to stifle Daniel's creativity (his words), he picked up a bag of peanut butter chips at the store to add to his loaf. At the time of kneading, he also added some broken up Hershey kisses (I did not have any chocolate chips). I kept mine plain.

The top picture is the chocolate-peanut butter challah. It actually turned out well and the rabbi in class last night actually mentioned that some people put chocolate chips in challah, but I bet they never tried peanut butter ones! We will have to try other combos in the future.

Daniel had off for Presidents Day, but of course I did not. So he decided to take over dinner and opted for breakfast for dinner, which included challah french toast made with the chocolate-peanut butter bread. It was very good, not as sweet as you would think, but I did not add maple syrup either. He also made scrambled eggs and awesome asparagus with like 10 spices on it. I will have to let him cook more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment